2 day Mountain Escape
Spend a night in the Smoky Mountains on the search for synchronized lightning bugs!
This is not your typical camping trip! You will get to experience all the wonderful rustic qualities of camping without any of the prep and hassle!
We will have a wonderful evening of after dark magic that the nocturnal realm has to offer! including a hunt for the world renown synchronized firefly’s, the mystical blue ghost firefly’s, cute salamanders and so much more! Then after a delicious meal cooked right at camp for you we will slumber to the sound of the nearby creek and crickets!
A warm hearty breakfast and tea or coffee will greet you in the AM! This experience will make all your friends jealous!
*This experience is best suited for 9yr olds and older, please.
Camp setup and guided walks will be provided by SMG host.
- Your choice of 2-4 person tents. We also have the ability to create a 1 room tent for a large family. Keep in mind, we are camping in the wilderness. These tents are built to allow for sleeping and not moving around in so much, if you are not familiar with backpacking tent sizes we hope this will help.
- inflatable 2 inch camp sleeping pads
- sleeping bag with cotton liners
- camp pillow
- Dinner for your evening will be prepared with culturally significant dishes as a part of the evening. This setting will typically be around a campfire as weather permits. dinner example: mountain fajitas and cornbread with cast iron cobbler for dessert.
- Breakfast will be provided with tea and coffee
- lunch will be provided on day 2 as a “to go picnic” as you can enjoy where you see fit.
- Group shelters provided
- Chairs provided
- Guided night walks and explorations
- Optional guided hike on day 2 for 3 hours.
- Should feel comfortable hiking up to 1 mile after dark
- Closed-toed shoes are required.
- SMG will send participants a basic packing list. This list will clarify appropriate clothing and sleepwear.